Retreat, refresh and renew in a secluded mountain setting of the Appalachian Mountains
Doubling Gap Center is owned by the Eastern Regional Conference of the Churches of God, General Conference. The facility which was purchased in 1946 is located nine miles north of Newville in the mountains of Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. The Doubling Gap area is in the Blue Mountain Ridge of the Appalachian Mountains and on the southern edge of the Tuscarora State Forest. The center serves as a year-round site for the YoliJwa summer camping program, and as a retreat center hosting weekend groups, mid-week recreation, leadership, and outdoor education camps; and day activities including picnics and meetings. Please call ahead to schedule a tour or for information on these activities.
The facility, which is located on 150 acres of ground, includes two large buildings -- the original hotel-type building known as the lodge and the more modern structure which is the Gymnatorium. In addition to the main buildings, the facilities include the following areas: two outdoor chapels, hiking trails, wilderness camping area, 4.5 acre lake with picnic pavilion, camp fire circles, athletic field, basketball and sand volleyball courts, swimming pool, obstacle rope courses, and a 30-foot climbing tower with zip line.
Doubling Gap Center was chartered as a non-profit organization in 1957 with the purpose of providing a facility for Christian education and fellowship. Rates for use of the center's facilities can be found under Rental Rates.